powered by ODEO

Sunday, April 23, 2006

 

'In the coming Days.'.. LA times article on "Gringo"

Something seems to be up; what exactly is hard to say. But a lot is being made of a interview and quote about "In the coming days." I talked about this in a earlier blog below.

The quote is from an interview with a "Magdalo" member of the foiled Oakwood mutiny - "Former Sen. Honasan serves as an example and inspiration. We believe he is fighting for genuine reforms." Army 1st Lt. Sonny Sarmiento, said this on Che-Che Lazero's probe team episode on the "Magdalo Group".

Todays; Sunday edition of the LA times has an article by Richard Paddock on Sen, Gringo Honasan; Xinghua Chian news agency has a piece out the Philippine Military saying they are ready for anything. Time has a story in the works So does Newsweek Al Jazeera is working on something, the BBC, ITN, and CNN or so I hear. Wazzap?

The article got noticed in the USA - I got a few calls from a couple of US TV networks to be "ready and aware"... It seems the buzz is out there indeed. But- Paddock's Article intrigues me... In the LA times the report is focused on these points; But waht grabs me is the tone - its an advanced piece... advanced to what I do not know. If you take the Ny time editorial and then this. Then the Heritage Foundation Rpeort very critical of the GMA government and a very well oiled and organized campaign in the US with web ads and a strong PR effort vs. the Philippine Gov't one looks to the heavens and wonders aloud like Yule Briner in the King and i and musses - "It is a puzzlement..."


Perhaps it is nothing but a interesting rehash of things we have heard here in Manila time and again but - in news timing is everything. And I think it's time I listened a bit harder. I could be wrong but I think the LA times and other US based media groups hear the distinct but distant pitter patter of feet- and they may be wearing combat boots.

- I hope they're wrong…. but my camcorder batteries are charged just in case.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?